Senior Programmes Officer - Cambodia
Application deadline: 19th October, 2019
Senior Programme Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
(Open to National and International Applicants)
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535) which has been working in Cambodia since 1990. HPA was previously known as Health Unlimited until the name change in 2011. The below advertised posts relate to grants awarded to HPA by The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The following position is now open to receive applications from suitably qualified candidates. To be short-listed for interview applicants must fulfill the Essential Qualifications for the position as detailed in the full job description. Applicants should review the position’s Key Responsibilities as detailed in the full Job Description and clearly explain the relevance of their previous work experience. Please note that applicants should use the standard HPA Application Form. For a detailed Job Description and Application Form please see the links below.
Primary Function and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to programme staff for the effective and efficient management of projects to ensure high quality implementation and outputs
- Develop HPA’s M&E functions and enhance abilities to undertake independent quality assurance and performance reviews
- Design a strategy/ training plan to enhance staff ability to use the data/ information to review project performance
- Ensure effective coordination and support for research, data collection/ management and training initiatives
- Co-lead selected organisational quality assurance initiatives
- Assist with the strategic development of the HPA Country Programmes in Cambodia and Vietnam.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience:
- Advanced degree in development management, public health or relevant social science field
- Minimum of 2-years relevant work experience related to the implementation of donor funded projects in a developing country context, including planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Previous experience of working on the implementation of donor funded health projects, experience related to malaria and TB projects an advantage
- Demonstrable training/ experience/ skills in M&E, data management and research
- Programme development experience, including proposal and budget development for international donors
- Fluent English language skills required.
Closing date for applications is 19th October 2019, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
To submit applications at our office: #46, Street 103, Sangkat Phsar Doem Thkov, Khan Chamcarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. To submit applications electronically, send to the email address: email@example.com.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early as HPA reserves the right to short-list and hold interviews before the stated closing date
Terms and Conditions: The position is an in-country hire, not eligible for full international staff benefits.