The breadth of our work is a strength, but requires strong leadership and coordination to ensure we communicate with clarity and purpose. This is an exciting opportunity to really make your mark, spearheading communications across the organisation to raise Health Poverty Action’s profile and generate support amongst key audiences.
This is a demanding and varied job requiring a range of leadership and organisational skills, the ability to communicate complex information in a compelling way and achieve great impact and profile with limited resources. It’s a key organisational role which, alongside the Head of Fundraising and Head of Policy and Campaigns, will shape Health Poverty Action’s communications and be responsible for driving them forwards.
You will ensure we communicate in ways that are consistent with Health PovertyAction’s values. We believe in context, and recognise that poverty is created. We treat the communities we work with around the world and the audience we are communicating to with respect. We try to describe Health Poverty Action’s contribution with humility.
Benefits of working with Health Poverty Action
- Flexible working hours
- Working with passionate, value-driven people
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- Pension contribution
- Limited bureaucracy
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for professional development
We recognise this is a broad role. The following outline provides a view of the scope of the work (with additional points in the JD), within which your strategies and priorities will be agreed with the Head of Fundraising and Head of Policy and Campaigns.
Strategy and coordination
- Devise the organisation’s communications strategy in collaboration with the Heads of Fundraising and Policy and Campaigns
- Lead on delivering the above strategy, coordinating across teams and ensuring we reach our target audiences with impact
- Generate and monitor data and test outputs to continually improve our impact
Website and digital communications
- Manage the Health Poverty Action website, ensuring it is accurate, engaging, effective, frequently updated and well optimised for search engines
- Promote the brand and content with effective use of social media, supporter newsletters, videos, blogs and other traditional and emerging communications technologies
- Research and write content, and organise and edit contributions from others
Media and outreach