Job title: Country Director, Cambodia
Reporting to: Head of Programmes: Asia
Responsible for: All Health Poverty Action Staff in Cambodia
Salary Scale: £25,187- £29,199 per anum plus benefit
Base: The post is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Closing Date: 16th March 2020, 11.59pm (GMT)
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535) which has been working in Cambodia since early 1990s. Prior to 2011 we were operating as Health Unlimited.
We are looking for a interested, experienced passionate individual to be our country director in Cambodia. As the most senior position of HPA in Cambodia, the post holder needs to represent the organisation, manage and develop our staff and programmes, and liaise with different departments at HPA HQ in London.
Please note that due to the potentially high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted.
Please send your application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The main functions of the post are:
1. Provision of overall management for ongoing projects in Cambodia, ensuring good financial and general administration of projects and staff.
2. Identification and development of new projects initiatives in Cambodia to contribute to HPA’s worldwide vision/mission, and strategic framework.
3. Raising funds for HPA projects in Cambodia.
4. Representing HPA in Cambodia in the promotion of excellent relationships with central and local government departments, international organizations, other NGO’s and international, regional and local donors
5. Developing, Updating and implementing Cambodia Country Office Internal policy, rule and regulations, and ensure all the HPA Cambodia staff are properly managed and supported to deliver the programme work
6. Seeking opportunities to influence government departments and donor agencies in Cambodia to facilitate the delivery of HPA programmes
The person specifications for the post are:
Essential Experience Criteria
• Experience of working overseas at senior management level in an international context
• Experience of strategically managing and directing large scale projects including, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, risk assessment and mitigation and contract compliance.
• Strong people management experience with proven ability to lead and manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, both in proximity and remotely
• Proven expertise in programme design and development, networking and contract negotiations
• Experience of managing finance, administrative and human resource systems to ensure project efficiency.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Good financial management skills and effective oversight of budgets
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
• Strong writing skills to be able to write strategy, proposals, business plans, budgets and reports
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant institutional donors
• Strong representation, communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities
• Positive and proactive with a solution-focussed approach to work
• Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
• Ability to represent and promote HPA at the highest level
• Commitment to HPA’s strategic direction and core values
• Ability to travel extensively within the Country of operation
• Advanced university degree in relevant field
• Awareness of and understanding of humanitarian and development approaches
• Knowledge of relevant languages
At Health Poverty Action we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst all of our staff and everyone we work with.
Health Poverty Action recognises that all adults and children have equal rights to protection from abuse and exploitation. Health Poverty Action condemns exploitation and inappropriate behaviour, and is committed to taking action for the protection of programme participants. In cases where positions include a high level of safeguarding risk, police check or local equivalents will be carried out.